back to top
- What is Porchfest?
- Natick Center Porchfest is a grassroots community music festival. Musicians play on front porches, and attendees enjoy lots of free music and local color as they walk and bike around the neighborhoods. It’s a great opportunity for local
musicians to share their talents with their neighbors, and for residents to discover their neighborhoods anew!
- Where does it take place?
- Natick Center Porchfest will take place on
September 23, 2023 from 2-6:00 pm
on the porches of generous hosts, who are sharing their porches and lawns with neighbors and the community around Natick Center!
- Who’s performing?
- Anyone who wants! We’ll have lots of acts, from home grown to nationally-recognized, performing everything from Folk to Techno to Polka. We welcome non-musical performers as well. Check out our listings ahead of time to plan your route, or start at your favorite performer and wander from there.
- Who should come?
- Anyone and everyone! Natick Center Porchfest is family-friendly and features a wide variety of music so there’s sure to be a band or performance that sparks your interest.
- Do I need a ticket?
- No. Attending the event is completely free of charge. Check out one band or twenty! Stay for 20 minutes or all afternoon!
- Is there a map or some kind of schedule?
- An event map and schedule will be available on this site (natickporchfest.org) as we lead up to September 23. Check our listings for the most up-to-date information, as new bands and porches are joining each day.
- What about eating and drinking?
- Feel free to bring your own food and beverages. If you need to pick up some snacks, please consider the local businesses spread throughout town! Just remember that each venue is someone’s porch, so please be sure that you are respectful and clean up after yourself.
- What about beer and wine?
- Natick Center Porchfest does not have a contained festival area and will not be selling alcohol (or any food and drink). When in public, you are subject to the usual laws regarding alcohol consumption.
- Are dogs allowed?
- Rules for Fido are the same as they would be at any other time on the street or sidewalk. Please be aware and respectful of any homeowners’ preferences while on their property as different hosts will likely have different preferences when it comes to dogs.
- Where do I park?
- There is plenty of on-street parking in Natick Center. We also encourage walking and biking for those who are able – it’s the best way to soak up as much music as possible!
- Will there be bathrooms?
- No. Please note that porch hosts will not provide restrooms.
- What do I need to bring?
- You won’t need much of anything to stroll around town and enjoy the music. However, if you are planning settling in for particular a performance, you might bring chairs, a blanket to sit on, or a
picnic lunch. Alternatively, if you are planning a schedule of concert hopping, you might want to bring your bike.
- Do the musicians get paid?
- Organizers, performers, and porch hosts are all giving freely of their time and talents. Music Go Round will be giving gift certificates to ALL the bands performing. If you would like to support a band, you are welcome to make a donation at the performance.
- Is there a rain plan?
- The rain date is the following day (September 24th) from 2-6 pm
- I’ve still got questions.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who’s organizing this?
- Natick Center Associates, the Natick Community & Economic Development Department and a fantastic team of energetic community volunteers.