back to top
- What is Porchfest?
- Natick Center Porchfest is a grassroots community music
festival. Musicians play on front porches, and attendees enjoy lots of free music
and local color as they walk and bike around the neighborhoods. It’s a great
opportunity for local musicians to share their talents with their neighbors, and for
residents to discover their neighborhoods anew!
- Where does it take place?
- Natick Center Porchfest will take place on
Saturday, September 14, 2019 from 12 - 6pm, on the porches of
generous hosts, who are sharing their porches and lawns with neighbors
and the community around Pond Street in Natick Center!
- Who’s performing?
- Anyone who wants! We’ll have lots of acts, from home
grown to nationally-recognized, performing everything from Folk to Techno
to Polka. We welcome non-musical performers as well. Check out our
listings ahead of time to plan your route, or start at your favorite performer
and wander from there.
- Who should come?
- Anyone and everyone! Natick Center Porchfest is
family-friendly and features a wide variety of music so there’s sure to be a
band or performance that sparks your interest.
- Do I need a ticket?
- No. Attending the event is completely free of charge.
Check out one band or twenty! Stay for 20 minutes or all afternoon!
- Is there a map or some kind of schedule?
- An event map and schedule will
be available on this site as we lead up to September 14. Check our listings
for the most up-to-date information, as new bands and porches are joining
- What about eating and drinking?
- Feel free to bring your own food and
beverages. If you need to pick up some snacks, please consider the local
businesses spread throughout town! Just remember that each venue is
someone’s porch, so please be sure that you are respectful and clean up
- What about beer and wine?
- Natick Center Porchfest does not have a
contained festival area and will not be selling alcohol (or any food and
drink). When in public, you are subject to the usual laws regarding alcohol
- Are dogs allowed?
- Rules for Fido are the same as they would be at any
other time on the street or sidewalk. Please be aware and respectful of any
homeowners’ preferences while on their property as different hosts will
likely have different preferences when it comes to dogs.
- Where do I park?
- There is plenty of on-street parking in Natick Center. We
also encourage walking and biking for those who are able – it’s the best
way to soak up as much music as possible!
- Will there be bathrooms?
- No. Please note that porch hosts will not provide
- What do I need to bring?
- You won’t need much of anything to stroll around
town and enjoy the music. However, if you are planning settling in for
particular a performance, you might bring chairs, a blanket to sit on, or a
picnic lunch. Alternatively, if you are planning a schedule of concert-
hopping, you might want to bring your bike.
- Do the musicians get paid?
- Organizers, performers, and porch hosts are all
giving freely of their time and talents. If you would like to support a band,
you are welcome to make a donation at the performance.
- Is there a rain plan?
- The rain date is 1-5pm Sunday September 15, 2019.
- I’ve still got questions.
- Email us at Natickporchfest@gmail.com
- Who’s organizing this?
PorchFest is a collaborative effort between the citizens and natick community groups to create an exciting event for all to enjoy.